If necessary, you can put any iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone 8 into recovery mode for troubleshooting.
Usually this is used only for troubleshooting purposes, especially if the iPhone is stuck on the Apple logo screen for a long time, or the iTunes logo appears on the screen with the iTunes connection screen, or if the device is not recognized by everything using a computer, and otherwise it also doesn’t answers You can also frequently use Recovery Mode to downgrade from iOS beta versions.
No matter why sometimes you have to put your iPhone into recovery mode in order to be able to restore your device or upgrade it. This guide will show you how to enter recovery mode on iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone 8.
How to enter recovery mode on iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone 8
Make sure you have a backup of your iPhone before using recovery mode. Lack of available backup can lead to permanent data loss.
- Connect iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8 to computer with a USB cable
- Open iTunes (Mac or Windows, or open Finder in MacOS Catalina)
- Click and release Volume Up on iPhone
- Press and release Volume down on iPhone
- Press and hold the power button until iPhone 8 / Plus enters recovery mode.
- iTunes (or Finder) will show a warning message that the iPhone was found in recovery mode
When the iPhone is in recovery mode, you can restore it using iTunes or Mac Finder or update as usual.
You can also exit recovery mode simply by restarting the iPhone 8 Plus or iPhone 8.
You will notice that switching to recovery mode on the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus is different from other previous iPhone models and from many iPad models. If you need to use recovery mode on another device, use the following manuals instead:
- How to use recovery mode on iPhone XS, iPhone XR, iPhone XS Max and iPhone X
- How to enter recovery mode for iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus and iPod touch 7th generation
- How to enter recovery mode on iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5 and earlier versions and iPod touch 6th generation and earlier versions
- How to enter recovery mode on iPad Pro 11 ″ and iPad Pro 12.9 ″ (2018 and newer)
- How to put iPad Air, iPad, iPad mini into recovery mode