How to Put iPhone 7 Plus & iPhone 7 into Recovery Mode | Win2Key
Knowing how to put iPhone 7 Plus or iPhone 7 into recovery mode can be useful, as it is sometimes necessary for troubleshooting.
Usually, the need to use recovery mode is limited to troubleshooting some more unusual scenarios, for example, when the device is completely stuck on the Apple logo, or if the Connect to iTunes screen appears on the screen, but you can sometimes use it to downgrade the iOS version too.
This tutorial will show you how to enter recovery mode on iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus. This guide also applies to putting iPod touch (7th generation) into recovery mode.
How to enter recovery mode on iPhone 7 Plus and iPhone 7
Before switching to recovery mode, make sure that you have a backup copy of the iPhone, otherwise data loss may occur.
- Press and hold the “Side Power” button on the iPhone until a screen appears where you can turn off the power.
- Drag the slider to turn off the iPhone
- Hold down the volume down button when you connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable
- Continue to hold the volume down button until you see the recovery mode screen when you open iTunes on your computer (Mac or Windows, or in MacOS Catalina open Finder)
- iTunes (or Finder) will detect iPhone in recovery mode
After successfully locating your iPhone in recovery mode, you can restore it using iTunes (or Mac Finder at 10.15+) or update it.
You can also use IPSW files if you need your iPhone to be in recovery mode.
It is important to note that putting the iPhone 7 Plus and iPhone 7 into recovery mode is different from using recovery mode on previous iPhone models, as well as using recovery mode on later models. Therefore, if you are accustomed to one method, remember that this may be a unique procedure depending on the iPhone model itself.
If you need to put another iPhone into recovery mode, use one of the following sets of instructions below:
- How to enter recovery mode on iPhone XS, iPhone XR, iPhone XS Max and iPhone X
- Recovery Mode for iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone 8
- How to enter recovery mode on iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5 and earlier versions
- How to enter recovery mode on iPad Pro 11 ″ and iPad Pro 12.9 ″ (2018 and newer)
- How to put iPad Air, iPad, iPad mini into recovery mode